Thursday, September 11, 2008


Got all my gear packed and loaded into my Jetta TDI.  Really looking forward to getting into the Oregon wilderness for some backpacking and elk hunting.

Besides the mess of gear you see, try to pick out my new longbow!  It is a Fox Royal Crown and it is my favorite hunting bow bar none.  I tied up a string quick-like and didn't take the time to put some whiskers on, I was impressed that the bow is whisper quiet without any type of whiskers or balls.  I've been shooting all broadheads and rubber blunts in practice and this bow groups.
This is one of Ron's new carbon limbed bows.  The bows are still under wraps but he will be announcing them soon.  I like the carbon as far as the way the bow reacts and sounds, I would need to get over a chrono to see what it is doing numbers-wise.  To protect the carbon from the rigors of hunting there is a thin veneer of wood.  Like all Fox bows this one is a "Beauty".  I can tell that this Royal Crown will be a perfect companion for my upcoming adventures!

No comments: