Friday, June 27, 2008

Got a Call from Denny Last Night


Denny Sturgis gave me a call last night. We talked about shooting bows form and technique. I've been busy shooting in the backyard and getting out a field as much as possible. Denny had some great things to say, he's been working with Rod Jenkins. It's neat to hear that Denny is progressing in his shooting. It's all about improving and learning. You can always get better, trying new elements new techniques. I've been working on a new element that is slowing my tempo down and making my shot more powerful. I'm hoping to introduce it on Masters of the Barebow vol. III.

Hunting is right around the corner and I'll be shooting broadheads most of the time. I am still hoping Ron King at Fox Archery will finish my hunting bow in time for CA deer season, but for sure for Elk season. He is working on a "carbon" model for me. Otherwise I will take my old faithful, a 21st Century Nova!

The baskets full of King and Queen boletes and cocoura mushrooms!

No comments: